20节出国考试课程 10G+资料包 待领取
1. Some people think schools should only teach students academic subjects. Others think schools should also teach students how to distinguish between right and wrong. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Teach academic subjects
• Acquire professional knowledge – continue further study – live in a knowledge-based economy –gain higher degrees – prepare for future career – find decent jobs
• Limited time at school every day – teach key subjects – make full use of the time
Distinguish between right and wrong
• Students: mentally immature – be misled and cheated – go astray – even commit crimes – need guidance from school – teach moral values – become productive members of the society
• Family: be occupied with work – work overtime – do not have enough time to educate their children – Schools should take the responsibility.
• Society: One of the main causes of crime is lack of education.– reduce the crime rate to a large extent – ensure social stability and maintain social order
2. Some people think it is the government’s responsibility to provide financial support for old people after they retire, while others believe individuals should save money for themselves. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
Government provides financial support for the elderly
• Higher standards of living and advanced technology – more aged population – face the ageing problem
• Physically weak – lack the ability to work – the disadvantaged in the society – provide pension and healthcare to senior citizens – enhance social welfare and sense of social well-being
• Reduce the financial burden of younger generations – support parents and grandparents
Save money for themselves
• The government only has limited budget.–increase the government’s financial burden – allocate money to other areas that are closely connected to citizens’ daily life
• Live independently – should not overly rely on others – make plans – be responsible for their own lives
3. Students in school or universities learn more from classes of teachers than other resources (e.g. Internet or TV). Do you agree or disagree?
Agree (classes of teachers)
• It is convenient for students to interact with teachers in class. – raise questions and get answers
• Experienced teachers know how to select suitable materials based on students’ needs and levels. VS The Internet contains unreliable information without proofreading. – be misled
• Teachers can provide guidance and supervision in class. VS be distracted by various temptations on the Internet – be addicted to the virtual world
Disagree (other resources)
• Search for a wide range of information on the Internet OR watch educational programmes (e.g. news, lectures, documentaries) – acquire abundant knowledge beyond textbooks VS limited knowledge, teacher-centred, exam-oriented education
• Study at one’s own pace and customise the learning process – flexible VS Teaches cannot address every single student’s levels and concerns, especially in large-sized classes
4. International community should act immediately to reduce all countries’ consumption of fuels such as gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Agree (reduce consumption of fuels)
• The burning of fossil fuels will produce greenhouse gases.– cause the greenhouse effect and global warming – deteriorate the environment
• Finite, non-renewable, are running out –Overuse of fossil fuels will cause shortage in the long run. – pose great threat to future generations and the sustainable development of the country –ensure energy security and avoid energy crisis
Disagree (not all countries, not immediately)
• Easy to find and exploit – economically competitive compared with developing new energy (e.g. solar, wind and water power)
• Generate a large amount of energy – contribute to industrialisation – boost the economy – create more job opportunities – especially for developing countries
5. Some countries encourage industries and businesses moving from large cities into regional cities. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages?
• Reduce environmental pollution, traffic congestion, and housing problems in large cities
• Better living and working environment in regional cities: fresh air, clean water, larger space, lower cost of living and rent
• Create more job opportunities in regional cities – increase the employment rate – reduce wealth gap
• Re-allocate resources (e.g. education, healthcare, public facilities) – equal – promote the balanced and sustainable development of the country
• Cause environmental pollution and traffic congestion in regional cities – lower the citizens’ quality of life – The majority of the decision-makers live in large cities. – unfair
• The public facilities and economic foundations are less advanced in regional cities. – People are reluctant (=not willing to do) to migrate. – It will take a large amount of time for the regional cities to flourish.
• Cost for migration – limited budget from tax revenue – increase the government’s financial burden/span>
【案例】1期雅思6.5分周末班辅导 雅思6.5分 听力7分
20节出国考试课程 10G+资料包 待领取